Self-Service Analytics with Tableau Desktop (Fundamentals)
Who Should Attend?
BEGINNER TABLEAU USER
Anyone working with data
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands on activities. It is for anyone who works with data regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to
combine them in interactive dashboards.
- Connect to data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom
aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations
- Represent your data using different visualization types
- Build dashboards to share visualizations
- Connecting to data
- Simplifying and sorting your data
- Organizing your data
- Slicing your data by date
- Using multiple measures in a view
- Showing the relationship between numerical values
- Mapping data geographically
- Viewing specific values
- Customizing your data
- Analyzing data with quick table calculations
- Showing breakdowns of the whole
- Highlighting data with reference lines
- Making your views available
Charts Type Covered
- Cross tabs
- Geographic maps
- Heat maps
- Tree maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
Drop us your entry if you are interested to join this course.
You may like
Tableau Desktop Specialist DATA PRESENTER interested in TABLEAU DESKTOP SPECIALIST Duration: 4 Days This is an examination-based course. This course will cover the concepts and practical skills required to meet the exam expectation. There are no pre-requisites for...
Visual Analytics for Human ResourcesHR PROFESSIONALS involve in STRATEGIC PLANNINGDuration: 3 DaysVisualizations are a hot visual trend in the world of information sharing. We want to make complex topics easy to digest, and people can really understand important facts...
Visual AnalyticsDATA PROFESSIONALS involve in DATA STORYTELLINGDuration: 3 DaysIn this course, you will learn to design visualizations that effectively share information and insights with others. This course will strengthen your understanding of visual best practices,...