Getting your BI Data Ready with Tableau Prep
Who Should Attend?
TABLEAU DESKTOP USER familiar with WRITING CALCULATIONS
- 1 – 2 July 2020 (Bangkok)
- 17 – 18 August 2020 (KL)
- 21 – 22 October 2020 (Bangkok)
- 18 – 19 November 2020 (KL)
This course is designed to provide you with the tools and knowledge of how to prepare and shape data in Tableau Prep. Throughout the course, our instructors will take you from conceptual data preparation material to creating useful Tableau Prep flows that can be output to Tableau Desktop for analysis. This course includes a course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau Desktop workbooks, Tableau Prep flows, and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
- Understand what data works best with Tableau Desktop and how to shape and clean it appropriately to get maximum flexibility from Tableau Desktop
- Learn how Tableau Prep folds into the analytic cycle, and when to prep data in Tableau Prep vs Tableau Desktop
- Understand the terminology used in Tableau Prep
- Know how Tableau Prep approaches data sampling
- Create and understand data prep flows that address common scenarios
encountered in data preparation, as applied to common data use cases
- Know how to view data prepared in Tableau Prep using Tableau Desktop
- Understand data exploration and validation in Tableau Prep and Tableau Desktop
- Introduction to the workspace
- Introduction to the workflow
- Data literacy concepts
- Connecting to and configuring data
- Exploring data
- Cleaning data
- Preferred data structures in Tableau
- Shaping data
- Combining data
- Opening a data sample and creating an output file
- Best practices for data preparation
- Complex flows
- Starting with a question
- Hands-on data preparation
Drop us your entry if you are interested to join this course.
You may like
Smart Manufacturing - Improving OEE via Predictive Maintenance and Anomaly DetectionPERSONNELS involve in SMART MANUFACTURINGDuration: 3 DaysTraining Date 20 - 22 July 2020 (KL) 10 - 12 August 2020 (Penang) 19 - 21 October 2020 (KL) 1 - 3 December 2020 (Penang) Class...
Python for Machine Learning and Advanced AnalyticsIT PROFESSIONALS, DATA ANALYST and PROFESSIONALS with basic knowledge of programmingDuration: 4 DaysThis course will introduce the learner to applied data analytics with Python, focusing more on the techniques and...
Modern Data Engineering In The CloudPERSONNEL involve in DATA INTEGRATIONDuration: 3 Days, 2 Days (Online Class)Data engineering is the crucial part to enable and operationalize big data analytics and cloud applications in the big data ecosystem. Modern data...